I am working with react native, and would like to switch adb to wifi for easier debugging.
I connect my device using usb, then type these commands.
adb tcpip 5555
Then I disconnect my usb cable and enter this command
adb connect 192.168.1.6 connected to 192.168.1.6:5555
adb devices result in the following
adb devices List of devices attached 192.168.1.6:5555 device
So it only shows one device connected.
However trying this command
adb reverse tcp:8081 tcp:8081
gives me the following error even though only one device is shown with adb devices command as shown above
error: more than one device/emulator
So I tried this command but I also get the same error
adb -s 192.168.1.6:5555 reverse tcp:8081 tcp:8081 error: more than one device/emulator
Trying the following gives me the same error
adb -s "192.168.1.6:5555" reverse tcp:8081 tcp:8081 adb -s "192.168.1.6" reverse tcp:8081 tcp:8081 adb -s 192.168.1.6 reverse tcp:8081 tcp:8081
even trying to use the device id which I copied when it was connected to usb resulted in the same error
adb -s deviceid reverse tcp:8081 tcp:8081
Is there a way to make adb reverse work when adb is connected wireless?
Thanks for advance.
When I am facing the same issues than doing like below:
1) kill your process of 8081 port for using this command :
kill -9 $(lsof -t -i:8081)
2) Reset your adb connection with :
adb usb if you want to run via wifi then connect your device again :
adb tcpip 5555
3) Start your npm :
4) Then after you can run your react native app :
and it’s works fine for me.
Start task manager
and kill adb.exe process
I made two changes to the steps to get this working.
1) BEFORE disconnecting the wire from my phone, I ran
adb reverse tcp:8081 tcp:5555 (note the
5555 port number for the phone) and
adb connectMY.PHONE.IP.ADDRESS:5555` (with port number).
Only now did I disconnect the wire.
Then I installed the app, although it probably would work if the app was already installed.
2) After the app was installed and I was getting errors “Unable to load Script” and “Could not connect to development server”,
- opened the developer menu (shake the phone with the React Native app open) and selected “Dev Settings”. Selected “Debug server host & port for device” from the menu.
- In the window on my phone I entered
Now I could open/close the app for a reload, and shake -> debug JS remotely.