Home » Android » android – Gradle 'ProjectName' project refresh failed – Error: Already seen Doctype

android – Gradle 'ProjectName' project refresh failed – Error: Already seen Doctype

Posted by: admin June 15, 2020 Leave a comment


I’m going mad! I’ve already searched and tried everything (google and stackoverflow) but nothing seems to help.

I’m trying to open (tried also to import) a slidenerd project on Github (http://github.com/slidenerd/materialtest) to Android Studio with Gradle 2.2, but what I got is this annoying error!

Gradle ‘ProjectName’ project refresh failed

Error: Already seen Doctype

Can you help me to understand what can I do to solve?

This is my Gradle console log:

Executing tasks: [:]

Configuration on demand is an incubating feature.
Download https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/tools/lint/lint/24.0.1/lint-24.0.1.pom

[Fatal Error] lint-24.0.1.pom:3:10: Doctype già presente (means Already seen).

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

  • What went wrong:
    A problem occurred configuring root project ‘MehdiApp’.

    Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ‘:classpath’.
    Could not resolve com.android.tools.lint:lint:24.0.1.
    Required by:
    :MehdiApp:unspecified > com.android.tools.build:gradle:1.0.1
    Could not parse POM https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/tools/lint/lint/24.0.1/lint-24.0.1.pom
    Doctype già presente.

  • Try:
    Run with –stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with –info or –debug option to get more log output.


Total time: 5.331 secs

How to&Answers:

network might be the reason.
i changed my vpn network then gradle build was successful.


It happened to me when I had two google repositories and gradle:3.0.0 as dependencies in build.gradle file :

allprojects {
    repositories {
        maven {
            url "https://maven.google.com"

dependencies {
    classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.0.0'

That was an obvious mistake. So I removed maven part and changed com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.0.0 to com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.0.1.

This solved my problem.


Be sure in your build.gradle (project) only used jcenter() as repository resource not maven or mavenCentral.


None of the above solutions worked for me. For me the fix was changing the gradle home (.gradle) to a new location