I have a new Fire phone, the box says “Fire with dynamic perspective” and “fire phone 32gb”, it arrived today 7/24/2014.
I can’t figure out how to turn on developer options like in a normal Android device or how to see it in ADB on a Mac or a Windows box. Instructions for older Fire tablets do not work.
There is no information online about this particular device even
The link you provided doesn’t show the SDK for firephone. It provides the sdk for fire os 3.0, but not 3.5.
Below are the actual links he needs. Those were harder to find since Amazon has duplicate locations for its documentation, and not all of them have been correctly updated yet.
Installing the Fire Phone SDK Add-on (from Android Studio)
Take the following steps in the Android Studio IDE to install the Fire
Phone SDK add-on.
In Android Studio, on the Tools menu, under Android click SDK Manager. – or – On the command line, run the following command, where
<ANDROID_SDK>is the path to your Android SDK:
In the Android SDK Manager window, verify that SDK Path points to the path to your Android SDK. To modify the path, in Android
Studio, on the File menu, click Project Structure, and then
update the Android SDK Location.
- In the Android SDK Manager window, from the Tools menu, click Manage Add-on Sites.
- In the Add-on Sites dialog box, click the User Defined Sites tab, and then click New.
In the Add Add-on Site URL dialog box, enter the following URL:
- Click OK and then Close. Wait for the Android SDK Manager to refresh, as indicated by the progress bar.
- Expand Tools and click Android SDK Tools (latest version), Android SDK Platform-tools (latest version), and Android SDK Build-tools (latest version).
- Expand Android 4.2.2 (API 17) and click SDK Platform and Fire Phone SDK Addon. If your SDK Manager is sorted by repository, you can find the Fire Phone SDK under the URL from Step 5.
- Click Install n Packages.
- In the Choose Packages to Install dialog box, accept the license agreements for the packages, and then click Install.
Note: If you want to download the contents of the Fire Phone SDK without installing the add-on through your IDE, you can get the zip
On the Fire phone, the developer options in Settings are hidden by
default. To show developer options, do the following:
- Open the Settings interface.
- Scroll to the Device section and expand the section.
- Tap Get info about your Fire.
- Now tap any item in the list repeatedly. You must tap the item at least seven times within five seconds.
- A Developer Options button appears at the bottom of the screen. Click that button
- Set the Developer Options slider to the ON position.
- Select USB Debugging.
for firephone adb connection you need amazon fire phone sdk provided by Amazon. Inside that sdk you find device driver for firephone then you can connect your fire phone to the system rest thing are same you need to go settings then enable developer option there.
Actually, in the FireOS 3.6.8, the developer options appear here:
Settings=> phone=> view your phone number=>select 7 times any option and it will show the developer options buttons at bottom
If you select any option 7 times again (if the developer options button is shown) then it will hide the developer options button.
Hope this work for somebody else.
First , you don’t need to install the Fire Phone SDK Add-on. I spent an hour on this.
Second Christina‘s instructions are old and the Amazon doc is not up to date.
Here is “How To” on the last update for Fire OS 4.6.3
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll to the “About Your Fire” section and expand the section. Tap on phone number, serial number
- Now tap repeatedly on Model Number.
- A Developer Options button appears at the bottom of the screen.
Click that button
- Set the Developer Options slider to the ON position. Check USB