On http://tools.android.com/tech-docs/new-build-system/user-guide, the following tasks are defined:
- assemble The task to assemble the output(s) of the project
- check The
task to run all the checks.
- connectedCheck Runs checks that requires a
connected device or emulator. they will run on all connected devices
- deviceCheck Runs checks using APIs to connect to remote
devices. This is used on CI servers.
- build This task does both
assemble and check
- clean This task cleans the output of the project
I am now setting up a Jenkins CI to run my (Espresso) tests and the deviceCheck task description seems related to that. But I couldn’t find any further documentation or examples on how to use this task on CI server to execute the tests on a remote device. Does anyone know how to use it?
I would recommend running the tests with: Spoon. It’s easy to setup, has lots of nice out of the box features. e.g. good test reports, screenshots ++.
I am using it on my Jenkins CI, and it works really well! I have connected multiple devices to the CI-server, and the tests runs on all of them.