Hi I have just updated to the latest version of AS v1.00 release.
However when trying to run newly created project i get this error:
Error:Execution failed for task ‘:app:dexDebug’.
com.android.ide.common.internal.LoggedErrorException: Failed to run command:
E:\Program Files (x86)\Android\sdk\build-tools\android-4.4W\dx.bat –dex –no-optimize –output C:\Users\Vilius\Desktop\AndroidProjects\voiceTest1\app\build\intermediates\dex\debug C:\Users\Vilius\Desktop\AndroidProjects\voiceTest1\app\build\intermediates\classes\debug
‘reg’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Any help appreciated!
I have encountered the same issue. As Mr. Blurred have said you should add
C:\Windows\System32 to your PATH environment variable. To do this you should open Control Panel, go to System -> Environment Variables, find PATH in System Variables and add the following entry at the beginning:
i was also facing the same issue after updating to Android Studio 1.0. I spent like 10 hours trying to fix it but finally found solution.
So I am going to paste the temporary solution here in case anyone is facing the same problem.
It seems the issue was not due to Android Studio or gradle . It was due to new Android SDK Tools version 24.0.0 because it was working on computer’s having Android SDK Tools version 23.0.5. So in order to solve it. Please follow this simple procedure:
* Close Android Studio * Download http://goo.gl/v0UPm6 * goto \sdk * rename 'tools' to 'tools1' (In case you need backup) * extract this zip to \sdk * it will make tools folder in \sdk * restart studio and errors will be gone
Credit goes to the person who figured it out. Thanks Man 🙂
A patch has already been pushed to Android SDK Build tools. Version 24.0.1
Please update using SDK Manager.
This will be resolved if you grab the latest SDK with tools v24.0.2, which you can get here. This is actually a different problem from what was fixed in v24.0.1.
If you need fix yourself NOW and don’t want to download a whole SDK, take a look at
Additionally, a future patch of Android Studio will also resolve this. Sorry for any inconvenience already caused, however.
It has amazingly worked for me. My mistake was that I set the path to
but after reading @committeandroidere I changed my path to
and it worked.