I have reference data in columns A and B on Sheet2 of my
WorkBook. I have a blank sheet – Sheet1 – which i need to fill from my database.
I want to use Excel VBA to fill Sheet1 based on data in columns A and B in Sheet2.
I use the reference data by.
- I populate values in column A in Sheet1 from DB.
- I check if the values stored in sheet 1, column A exist in Sheet2 column A,
- If so, I populate into sheet 1 column B, the corresponding data i’ve found in Sheet2 column B.
- Open excel, do alt + F11 that will open the IDE.
- In the right hand window should see vba project and in brackets the name of the excel book you have open.
- At the bottom of the list of sheets is an object called
ThisWorkbook, right click it, and select View Code.
- At top of should see two combo boxes, right hand one should say General click on it and select
Workbookfrom the list.
This should give you the following
Private Sub Workbook_Open() End Sub
This is the event that is fired each time the work book is opened. Now you will need to add code to reference the sheets in the workbook.