I am working on a project which have some charts (graphs), tick chart, candlestick chart and range chart. But the problem is, there is no library for that charts. I have got Google chart API for candlestick chart. But I don’t want graph/chart in a webview.
To make reading of this page more valuable (for future search results) I made a list of libraries known to me.. As @CommonsWare mentioned there are super-similar questions/answers.. Anyway some libraries that can be used for making charts are:
- Holo Graph Library
- Drawing the 3D piechart Using Google chart Api
- RChart (pre Honeycomb – Api 11 UI)
- ShinobiControls **
- Steema TeeChart **
- Orson Charts (3D charts for Android)
- Telerik Rad Chart
- SciChart (Realtime Charts for Android)
** – means I didn’t try those so I can’t really recommend it but other users suggested it..
SciChart for Android is a relative newcomer, but brings extremely fast high performance real-time charting to the Android platform.
SciChart is a commercial control but available under royalty free distribution / per developer licensing. There is also free licensing available for educational use with some conditions.
Some useful links can be found below:
- SciChart’s Android Charts Features
- Android Chart Performance Tests vs. Open Source & Commercial
- Android Chart Examples and example source code
- SciChart Quick Start Guide
- Android Charts Documentation
Disclosure: I am the tech lead on the SciChart project!