I am developing an app using Eclipse IDE Juno and Android SDK.
How do I change my app’s icon?
Go into your AndroidManifest.xml file
- Click on the Application Tab
- Find the Text Box Labelled “Icon”
- Then click the “Browse” button at the end of the text box
- Click the Button Labelled: “Create New Icon…”
- Create your icon
- Click Finish
- Click “Yes to All” if you already have the icon set to something
Enjoy using a gui rather then messing with an image editor! Hope this helps!
In your AndroidManifest.xml file
<application android:name="ApplicationClass" android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher" <-------- android:label="@string/app_name" android:theme="@style/AppTheme" >
Icon creation wizard
- Select your project
- Android Icon Set
Look for this on your Manifest.xml
android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher" then change the
ic_launcher to the name of your icon which is on your
You can find an easy guide here
The step are 2:
– Copy the icon in the correct folder/folders
– Change the AndroidManifest.xml
Rob R.’s answer was definitely the way to go. I tried copying the ic_launcher.png files from another project and Eclipse still wouldn’t read them. Going through the manifest is much quicker and easier.