I’m looking for installing custom plugin on Android Studio, how can I go about it?
1) Launch Android Studio application
2) Choose File -> Settings (For Mac Preference )
3) Search for Plugins
In Android Studio 3.4.2
- Launch Android Studio application
- Choose Project Settings
- Choose Plugin from disk, if on disk then choose that location of *.jar, in my case is GenyMotion jar
- Click on Apply and OK.
- Then Android studio will ask for Restart.
That’s all Folks!
Press Ctrl – Alt – S (Settings)
Then choose Plugins
As far as installing a custom plugin there is a good walkthrough on GitHub for the rest2mobile library that could be used for any plugin.
Basically the steps are as follows:
- Run Android Studio.
- From the menu bar, select Android Studio > Preferences.
- Under IDE Settings, click Plugins and then click Install plugin from disk.
- Navigate to the folder where you downloaded the plugin and double-click it.
- Restart Android Studio.
File-> Settings->Under IDE Settings click on Plugins. Now in right side window Click on Browse repositories and there you can find the plugins. Select which one you want and click on install
if you are on Linux (Ubuntu)… the go to File-> Settings-> Plugin and select plugin from respective location.
If you are on Mac OS… the go to File-> Preferences-> Plugin and select plugin from respective location.
Recently I started using the Mac Pc for android development. When I go to
Android Studio => File => Other setting => Preference for New Projects..
I was not able to find plugin option in the setting page.
Later while clicking option on the toolbar, I clicked on “SDK Manager” it prompted the Settings where the Plugin option was visible and I was able to add the plugins from here.[
2019: With Android Studio 3.4.2 started:
- Click on File -> Settings
- Find “Plugins” in the left pane of the popup window and click on it
- Click on the Gear in the upper right
- Click on “Install Plugin from Disk”
- Find your plugin from the file browser or drag and drop it from another window to go to it in the browse window, then click on it then click “OK”
- The browse window will close
- Click “OK” on the setting window
- Click “Restart” on the popup