How to install image magic in Windows 7. I followed these instruction
To install IMagick on Windows XP (php 5.2.x)
download and install ImageMagick-6.5.8-7 Q16-windows-dll.exe
download php_imagick_dyn-Q16.dll from:
copy dll to [PHP]/extension dir and rename it to php_imagick.dll
You have to edit your php.ini file and add new extension
Save ini file and restart apache server.
(If necessary, restart your windows)
phpinfo()should show imagick enabled.
after that I execute a sample script but its not working. It shows the
Imagic class missing error.
Fatal error: Class ‘Imagick’ not found in C:…\imgborder.php on line XXX
Please help me to install Imagick. 🙁
Check permissions on the .dll file to make sure the Apache user has read access to the file. Better change the permission of the [PHP]/extension directory.
To change the permission
- Right click the file(s) or folder(s)
- Select “Properties”
- Select “Security” tab
- Click on “Edit” button.
Change the permission of user to Full Control.
- Download the binaries on the PECL page (look for the “DLL” links).
- alternative listing (more direct access, same files)
- Open the archive, copy all the *.dll files to the “php\ext” directory.
Add the extension to your php.ini:
- Usually you should add
- On some WAMP platforms, it might be instead
extension=ext/php_imagick.dll. Just look how the existing extensions are defined and do alike.
- Usually you should add
- Restart web server.
At this point, Imagick is installed, but you will probably encounter this error:
It means you have to install ImageMagick as well:
- On this page, download the ImageMagick archive corresponding to the Imagick you have installed (MSVC version, CPU architecture).
- Open “bin” directory of this archive, copy the *.dll files to the “php\ext” directory. For example, you’ll need IM_MOD_RL_jpeg_.dll for JPEG handling.
Here are Windows binaries for imagick 2.3.0 compiled with VC6 (you can find VC9 binaries at Mikko’s blog) against PHP 5.3.2 (API20090626).
I’ve research this solution, here you will find all necessary libraries.
Find your DLLs here
To know which library fit your needs easily run phpinfo()
There you find the following row e.g.
Compiler MSVC9 (Visual C++ 2008)
The MSVC9 tells you that it’s compiled with Visual C9, so you need to download the VC9 version.
Have nice day, takes me several hours of research.
This may be hitting a nail with a 5-pound hammer, but I like Cygwin, a Unix-like environment for Windows; it includes imagemagick as a package.
Just use chocolatey
choco install imagemagick