That’s my question :). If I start recording using the Front Camera with the MediaRecorder and then switch to the back camera, is it possible to keep recording using the same video file? Also, is it possible to record both cameras at the same time?
You can do it on Nexus9 with camera2 api.
(Nexus5 can’t open 2 cameras at the same time)
- Create 2 Gl contexts(Shared) and 2 texture buffers.
- Create a TextureView for previewing.
- Create a MediaRecoder for recording.
- Open front and back camera.
- Make repeating request that output target is texture buffer.
- Render scene with 2 textures to TextureView’s surface for each frame.
- Render scene with 2 textures to MediaRecoder’s surface for each frame.
You can switch to each camera by changing render object.
You can also render both images in same video using alpha-blend, transform, scaling, etc. by 30fps