i have an Excel-Sheet in which i create phone hyperlinks by vba with the format
tel:+49 1234 56789
(in the actual link there is “%20” included for spaces like this: “tel:+49%201234%2056789”). The hyperlink is working fine and clickable on a Windows PC (e.g. it opens Skype to call the number), but it also has work when I open the Excel file on an Iphone. So if i click on the number it should open the call menu.
So far i have tried using “callto:” instead of “tel:” and different phone number formatting, but nothing worked so far. A short click on an Iphone does nothing, and if I do a long click i can just copy the number.
tel is the correct protocol to use and it works.
I created a sample Excel file and manually set the link to
When the Excel file is opened in Excel for iPhone, tap the cell with the link and then tap
and then tap