Hit refresh, and top margin of my extremely simple page (DHTML: CSS, JS, PHP) loses a pixel – hit refresh 30 times and the entire top margin collapses pixel by pixel, stopping at the same seemingly arbitrary point, after about 30px. I didn’t even know this was possible – how is the browser recording the previous position even after a refresh with no caching?
MAMP – latest non pro
Chrome: Version 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)
OSX latest OS
THINGS I’VE TRIED
- Safari / Firefox – works as expected, refreshing like a normal refresh, no pixel movement
- Adding / Removing my local .htaccess file which is preventing MAMP caching – no change
- Refreshes and clearing all caches
- Removing any unusual body / html declarations
- Reverting to HTML instead of PHP – Fixed problem, so it’s defs php thing
- removing 2 x php includes and seeing if a single page with all headers, content and footer, makes a difference. Nope
- restarted mamp / server
It’s not a huge issue, just annoying – any help or similar would be great – searched but maybe my google-fu isn’t good, can’t find anything.