I’m trying to fetch data with the Google Analytics API through service accounts.
I have been searching on stackoverflow how to do this and been using the exact same code found on several posts but getting problems to get it working.
This is what i got:
require_once('googleAPIGoogle_Client.php'); require_once('googleAPI/contrib/Google_AnalyticsService.php'); const CLIENT_ID = 'xxxxxxxx001.apps.googleusercontent.com'; const SERVICE_ACCOUNT_NAME = '[email protected]'; $keyfile = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/xxxxxxx284-privatekey.p12"; $client = new Google_Client(); $client->setAccessType('offline'); $client->setApplicationName("cc insights"); $key = file_get_contents($keyfile); $client->setClientId(CLIENT_ID); $client->setAssertionCredentials(new Google_AssertionCredentials( SERVICE_ACCOUNT_NAME, array('https://www.googleapis.com/auth/analytics.readonly'), $key) ); $service = new Google_AnalyticsService($client); $data = $service->data_ga->get("ga:xxxx7777", "2012-01-01", "2013-01-25", "ga:pageviews"); var_dump($data);
when executing i got the following error:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Google_ServiceException’ with message ‘Error calling GET https://www.googleapis.com/analytics/v3/data/ga?ids=ga%3Axxxx7777&start-date=2012-01-01&end-date=2013-01-25&metrics=ga%3Apageviews: (403) User does not have sufficient permissions for this profile.’ in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/insights/application/libraries/googleAPI/io/Google_REST.php:66 Stack trace: #0 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/insights/application/libraries/googleAPI/io/Google_REST.php(36): Google_REST::decodeHttpResponse(Object(Google_HttpRequest)) #1 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/insights/application/libraries/googleAPI/service/Google_ServiceResource.php(178): Google_REST::execute(Object(Google_HttpRequest)) #2 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/insights/application/libraries/googleAPI/contrib/Google_AnalyticsService.php(383): Google_ServiceResource->__call(‘get’, Array) #3 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/insights/application/libraries/Google.php(46): Google_DataGaServiceResource->get(‘g in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/insights/application/libraries/googleAPI/io/Google_REST.php on line 66
Because i’m using the exact same code as working examples, i think it might be a problem with the API or service account settings?
This is the user that i added to the analytics account :
and this is api access accounts:
Does anybody know what i’m doing wrong?
I was getting exactly the same error and this solved it for me:
I was using the account ID instead of the View ID. Switching to the View ID fixed it – it’s always the “View ID” and not the account or property ID (which looks like “UA-xxx”). The View ID is for a specific web property and can be found in the Admin->View (3rd column)->View Settings. It’s an integer with no dashes.
Had the same issue today, the profileId is hard to find, you can have it in every Url in analytics let’s say https://www.google.com/analytics/web/#management/Settings/aXXXXXXwYYYYYYYpZZZZZZZ/
it’s the ZZZZZZZ part
Same issue. Solved it by using the VIEW id instead of the account Id (UA-XXXXX-1).
Analytics Console > Admin -> View (Profile) -> View Settings -> View ID
Make sure that you add the service account to your list of users in the Google Analytics Console. Simply setting it up in the Credentials, API and Permissions section of the developer console will still not grant it access to your analytics.
Analytics Console > Admin -> Account -> User Management -> "Add permissions for:"
Got the same error but after a while I recognized that i was using this script with my google chrome (my own email adress) but the Analytics API is running on the companies email. So the solution could be to edit the settings of your google chrome. Just disconnect from the gmail account in your google chrome (settings) and test it again.
Use View ID Not account ID, on Admin tab, ‘View Settings’ ‘View ID’.
Helped me a lot after 2 weeks of trying to find solution:
Analytics Console -> Admin -> View (Profile) -> View Settings -> View ID
On a different application I was getting “Not sufficient permissions” and found my .htaccess file had some file restrictions that caused the problem.
I had the same problem using .net library, after some tinkering, i found the solution:
Go to your google analytics management site & add the service account as a user & grant that account the necessary rights
might be you are using other Client ID: Client secret: to get another profile id details
Had the problem.. it turns out the Account ID is hidden in the URL of your analytics account!
The URL typically looks like so:
The ID we are looking for follows the letter p.
In the example above, the ID that will work is: 87396224
Please create shared segment…It will work