Home » Php » php – phpmyadmin token mismatch for long time idle

php – phpmyadmin token mismatch for long time idle

Posted by: admin April 23, 2020 Leave a comment


I installed phpMyAdmin on my local develop enviroment, I set auth_type to config. Also I provide authentication requirements by this settings:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'somepassword';

But after a while that it is idle, if I click on any link of it , it shows me an error token mismatch, Is there any way that I increase its TTL? or make it alive permanently?

enter image description here

Above picture shows error.

How to&Answers:

I solve this annoying problem by following instructions below:

  1. open /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
  2. find ;session.save_path = "/tmp", this line may look also like this ;session.save_path = "/var/lib/php5"
  3. remove first semicolon from this line
  4. restart apache by executing sudo service apache2 restart

FYI: I work under Ubuntu 12.04 with apache2, php5, phpMyAdmin 4.0.5 so for different systems and servers file path may be a little different.

In case of any troubles check if directory from step 2. is writable for server.

Good luck.


in file libraries/common.inc.php

line 1076
delete this part

 * There is no point in even attempting to process
 * an ajax request if there is a token mismatch
 if (isset($response) && $response->isAjax() && $token_mismatch) {
        PMA_Message::error(__('Error: Token mismatch'))


For me this seemed to be caused by my root partition being full up, and I guess this error was triggered by php being unable to write to the session directory.


I had to turn my cookies on in my browser and it worked for me. (Using MAMP on OSX)


After doing all that was recommended here and in other places with no success, I found out that my /tmp was full.

To check it, just run from command line: df

It reports file system disk space usage.


In my case I had to remove some files to make some space in this directory (\tmp) and the error was gone for now.


Clearing your browser cache then it will work.


To stop this issue, delete the “tmp” folder and make a new one called “tmp” or just clear the content.


Try using another browser ex IE if it works then remove suspected chrome extensions .
Forr me pageXray was the problem.


I just cleared the browsing history and data for last 7 days. It solved the problem for me.
Try it.