I have installed Xampp on Windows (Well actually both xampp and wamp but both have the same problem), and enabled xdebug. I have installed the latest eclipse for php with pdt included. The breakpoints are working correctly however if I press f6 or f5 the current line does not get updated, the variables change as if I had stepped to the following line but the highlighted line remains the same. Any ideas?
I attach some screenshots to make it easier to understand:
I press f6, lineno and $a changes in the ‘Debug’ and ‘Variables’ window:
I press f6 again:
I tried updating to the latest xdebug but the same thing happens.
This is problem in Eclipse SR1. You should switch back to R (SR0) release, next you can install PDT 3.3.1 from marketplace.
See also bug report on bugzilla
Problem is fixed in nightly builds: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/pdt/updates/3.4-nightly/
We released new stable (3.3.2) version with fix for this problem. You can find it on marketplace or in this update site: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/pdt/updates/3.3.2/
- Goto Eclipse->Help->Install New Software
- Work with: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/pdt/updates/3.3.2/ (this worked for me)
- Alternative: You might want to use the latest stable update site: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/pdt/updates/latest/
- [If not already existing]: click (Add) & give a name like “PDT” in order to add the upgrade site.
- Type “PDT” and tick checkbox for “PHP Development Tools (PDT)”
- Accept the license stuff and upgrade PDT.
- Restart Eclipse