I’m developing a game using Cocos2d-x to Android and iPhone. At the beggining, I had a lot of problems to start using this library, so, in this question, I want to collect all basic, medium and expert tutorials because there are a lot of info questions doing the same mistakes. When I Started, I had to look a lot in many sites using my friend Google. Hope this helps people start now. All in c++.
- Official wiki links
- How to start in multi-platform HERE The best one. Amazing, XCODE (MAC) and ECLIPSE (LINUX) tutorial.
- A simple guide to Start
- Another multi-platform Guide
- Awesome guide to start programming on Eclipse + Android and DEBUG, thanks to Marcio Andrey
- Another way to integrate cocos2d-x on Android
- Social Example, Facebook + email + Twitter on iOS and Android HERE
- Scrolling scenes. Using CCParallaxNode. Space game example
- InfiniteParadax Class Here, to repeat same backgrounds all time.
- Slider code HERE the video.
- Split screen using 2 layers Here
- Sharped Label TTF, Better labels
- Integrating OpenFeint with cocos2d-x. I only found This example, Here more details.
- Archievement on GameCenter. Here
- I have not tested all, but work fine walzer’s Extensions
- MarkusPfundstein‘s extensions
- DualFace extensions, actually in development
- Clawoo examples
- Simple Game 1
- Simple Game 1 – part 2
- Simple Game 1 – part 3
- Cute a pult
- TileBased game
- Ballon Ride
- Demo and links collection
- supersuraccoon-cocos2d demos (Not all C++)
- supersuraccoon-cocos2d links collection
- Another code example: Tiny Wings Remake on Android using Cocos2d-X
- Audio format Supported
If you use Linux, please, don’t use cocos2d-android or cocos2d-android-1, is decreated. Try to use cocos2d-x
If you use Linux, and don’t know how to use native code, Take a look in development
CCLOG(“String”); Don’t work on Eclipse log cat, but CCLog do it!
Max textures size/resolution Here
Iphone use RETINA to draw textures in HD, but don’t are used on Android. My solution is use RETINA on iphone, and setscale compiling only in Android. Multi-resolution Wiki. In Example:
#if (CC_TARGET_PLATFORM == CC_PLATFORM_ANDROID) this->setObjectScale(1); #endif // CC_PLATFORM_IOS
- Your first example must be the official on the WIKI
** OFFICIAL PAGE COCOS2D-X **
What will need this question?
- XML Tutorial, i have nothing in this area. Actually, i’m working in some code. I will do a Tutorial. The library can be use is libxml2
- Creating menus example
- Slider menu example
- Gestures class don´t implemented yet
If you have problems, use tag Cocos2d-x in Stackoverflow, and I will try to help you.
I have already read the FAQ but 90 % of questions cocos2d/android related present the same problem, using obsolete libraries. I just want help people to start using cocos2d-x. All additional info will be Welcome.
Here you got complementaries discussions about the topic, it can be interesting.
Another code example: Tiny Wings Remake on Android using Cocos2d-X
Good list. The Angry Ninjas Starter Kit will have a Cocos2d-X update soon.
Cocos2d-x within uikit tutorial http://jpsarda.tumblr.com/post/24983791554/mixing-cocos2d-x-uikit
, he is developing nice features on cocos2d-x
Cocos2d-x within your classic Android (Java) app tuto http://jpsarda.tumblr.com/post/26000816688/integrate-cocos2d-x-c-into-an-android-application